Dec 13, 2022
The best way to overcome obstacles of adopting the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is to approach the adoption process in a systematic and disciplined manner. This typically involves the following steps:
- Identify the key stakeholders and decision makers who need to be involved in the adoption process, and make sure that they are on board with the decision to adopt SAFe.
- Create a clear and compelling vision for how SAFe will benefit the organization, and communicate this vision to all stakeholders in a way that resonates with their needs and concerns.
- Develop a detailed plan for implementing SAFe, including a timeline, a budget, and a list of specific tasks and activities that need to be completed.
- Identify any potential obstacles or challenges that may arise during the adoption process, and develop strategies for addressing and overcoming these challenges.
- Provide training and support to help individuals and teams adopt SAFe and become proficient in using its principles and practices.
- Monitor progress closely, and make adjustments to the implementation plan as needed to ensure that the adoption of SAFe remains on track.
- Integrate experienced SAFe coaches into your team to quickly identify and correct any gaps in skills and efficiently guide teams and organizations through the process of implementing SAFe, providing expertise and support to ensure that the framework is properly applied and that the desired outcomes are achieved.
Overall, the key to overcoming obstacles to adopting SAFe is to approach the process with a sense of purpose, commitment, and collaboration, and to be willing to adapt and adjust as needed to ensure success.
Written by Katie Snelson , Director of Sales and Recruiting
ICON partners with clients in their Business and IT Transformations to produce collaborative outcomes that have proven vital in many industries. Since 1992, our highly experienced coaches and practitioners have been collaborating with companies to solve their most complex challenges using SAFe® methodology, Business Agility best practices, advanced OKRs, DevSecOps at the team level, and the Lean-Agile mindset