2019 SAFe® Summit Presentation: Hardware Agility with SAFe's Core Values
Nov 18, 2019
It is often stated that while agility works for software, it is not as easily applied to hardware. In this presentation, you will learn how SAFe's Core Values and Principles apply to Agile Hardware Development. Duane discusses real world considerations when executing within a Portfolio configuration, including:
- How is Hardware different?
- Horizon Planning and Hardware Phases
- Roles and the ART
- Team Composition
- PI Planning and “incremental delivery”
- What about testing and system integration?
Key Takeaways and Objectives
- Understand how SAFe's Core Value apply to hardware
- Describe the various roles that make up the “Development Team”
- Describe hardware testing considerations as related to environments, system integration and the system team
Presented at the SAFe® Summit in San Diego on Oct 2, 2019.
Video shared with permission from Scaled Agile, Inc. View original link.
Written by Duane Bushman , SPCT
Duane Bushman is a Consultant, Trainer, and Agile Transformation Coach with a genuine passion for helping organizations to understand and realize the business value of Lean and Agile principles. His pragmatic approach to applying principles and proven practices to develop a culture of continuous improvement has been cultivated from 10+ years of practicing and coaching Agile in IT and product development environments. Duane's journey in life-long learning includes being certified as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) in 2014 and an SPC Trainer (SPCT) in 2016.