2019 SAFe® Summit Presentation: Pragmatic Lean Portfolio Management
Nov 1, 2019
More often than not, the shift to Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) is not an overnight one. After all, it takes time to pivot from traditional Project Management (PPM) to a lean-agile LPM capability, especially since we want to get the SAFe Essentials established first. But the benefits are clear—better exposing strategy and demand and having a big picture view of capacity and impact on delivery provides better alignment and transparency, which in turn informs better decision making and trade-off discussions at all levels. But where do we begin?
In this presentation, you will learn the context of LPM and view field-tested, practical approaches to get started.
Key Takeaways and Objectives
- Understanding LPM usage
- Enable a starting set Portfolio Kanban criteria that engages multiple functions
- Enable Portfolio Flow even with a combination of mixed mode, waterfall and agile programs
- Enable transparency across multiple ARTs regardless of maturity using an impact analysis view
Presented at the SAFe® Summit in San Diego on Oct 2, 2019.
Video shared with permission from Scaled Agile, Inc. View original link.
- 6 Must-Haves for Maximizing Virtual Dojo Engagement
- My Stakeholder Just Dropped a New, Shiny Object on Me! Now What?
- 4 Reasons to Choose Lean Budgeting over Project Cost Accounting
- How to Spot a Great Agile Coach (and a not-so-great one)
- 2020 SAFe® Summit Presentation: Strategy to Execution - Business Owners are the Key