Accomplish the right work, at the right time, for the right reasons.
When implemented correctly, Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) establish broad strategic alignment throughout the organization as teams understand how their work contributes to the organization's top objectives. When successfully implemented, OKRs help to:
- Connect strategy, execution, and delivered outcomes
- Drive innovation
- Bring a sense of purpose to your teams and organization as a whole
- Focus on top priorities
- Uncover problems earlier in the development cycle
However, implementing OKRs on a large scale is not easy! It requires a lot of planning, communication, and diligence for OKRs to work the way they're intended. If you're not sure where to begin, then ICON can help you implement a successful OKRs program by leveraging the Business Value Delivery Framework by Scaled OKRs, which uses OKRs to enable an explicit relationship between organizational strategy and the work being done to deliver that strategy. Combined with experienced Lean-Agile coaching, the Business Value Delivery Framework enables organizations to execute OKRs quickly and with deeper understanding.
Below is an example of how OKRs fit into the Business Value Delivery Framework, which connects strategy to the work being done.
The Business Value Delivery Framework
With ICON's help, you will learn how to:
- Leverage OKRs to capture your organization's strategy
- Implement a successful OKRs program and tooling that propel your organization forward
- Incorporate OKRs into your Lean Portfolio Management practices to ensure all work is aligned to the company’s strategic goals
- Measure the value of the work your teams are doing
- Shape work that is oriented toward specific business outcomes
- Use Leading Indicators that enable strategic decision making