Have you ever struggled with a problem that won’t go away? The solution may seem obvious, such as a need for new technology, an expert capability, a different process, or better communication. Despite the “self-evident” solution, you may encounter unexpected resistance and the problem stubbornly persists. If so, you may be facing an adaptive challenge.
This introductory 1-day course helps you to identify and make progress on your key leadership challenge. You’ll apply tools and techniques of Adaptive Leadership for leading change, particularly when there are no easy answers.
By the end of the course, you will have learned:
- The root cause of a stubborn and recurring challenge in your organization
- Partnering with those who are in positions of authority and power
- Leveraging your own power for transformative change
- Designing an experiment that strengthens needed behaviors for lasting change
- Leading adaptively in environments with trust challenges, political sensitivities, resistance, conflict, and distress
During this session, we will work through a set of workshop slides and exercises to cover:
- Introduction to Adaptive Leadership
- Section 1: Identify your leadership challenge
- Section 2: Think politically to mobilize support
- Section 3: Distinguish technical and adaptive problems
- Section 4: Adaptive Experiments
Audience and Certification Details
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing.