Early registration automatically gets you $ off of the normal registration price! Early registration discounts end in advance of the first training day.
The workshop will start off by familiarizing participants with Lean Software Development Concepts, Principles, and Practices by providing them with practical examples and hands-on exercises to help them understand and experience some of them.
The workshop then will walk the participants through a series of steps to help them learn how a "Kanban System" can be implemented to start putting the Lean Principles that they have learned into practice.
The Kanban exercises within the workshop are such that they can be applied to the team's unique needs and circumstances to their work situations. Thus the workshop addresses the team's key challenges and thereby maximizes their learning, retention, and engagement.
The workshop is for team members, select Vendor Associates, and Managers who are now
interested in learning about the Lean Software Development process – and how to implement it
using “The Kanban Method”. Each workshop will accommodate multiple teams (up to 4 teams or 20 people, max). The members of the individual teams will be
working together in learning the Principles and Practices associated with Lean and Kanban.
- Introduce participants to Lean Software Development and provide a historical context of Lean
- Create awareness of Lean Software Development's ideas, explain the rationale behind them
- Have teams get started in thinking about and identifying improvement opportunities at their workplace using Lean ideas
- Receive an introduction to "The Kanban Method" - as a way of implementing Lean Principles
- Learn the values, principles, and practices associated with Kanban & their significance and importance
- Know how to go about implementing a "Kanban System" through the steps of:
- Visualizing workflows (sometimes referred to as Value Stream Mapping)
- Designing Kanban boards to support their individual team's workflow
- Identifying some of their work items types
- Design of Kanban ticket and what information is important to capture
- The ways that they can go about deciding WIP limits
- Using various techniques to enable the flow.
- Speak on various meetings and their cadences while answering questions on how these differ from similar Scrum meetings
- Learn Kanban Metrics what is measured, why, and how they can be used towards goals and objectives
- A demonstration of an online Kanban simulation will demonstrate how Kanban will likely work in the actual software development environment (subject to Internet access)
- Introduction to Lean in IT & Software Development
- An Introduction to Kanban
- Push vs Pull
- Batch Sizes
- Identifying Waste
- Work in Process Limits
- Kanban Boards
- Work Items
- Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Control Charts
- Team members, select Vendor Associates, and Managers who are interested in learning about the Lean Software Development process and how to implement it using "The Kanban Method".
Next Steps to a Lean-Agile Transformation
Review additional guidance and resources for your transformation from ICON experts
Earn additional certifications to enhance your abilities and transform your organization
Learn why Lean Budgeting is superior to Project Cost Accounting
Review our Advanced Agility & Extended Offerings with one of our Experts
Gain insight from our industry experts