Early registration automatically gets you $200 off of the normal registration price! Early registration discounts end 2 weeks in advance of the first training day.
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high-performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe®. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
- How to apply Lean, Agile, and DevOps principles and practices in traditional government organizations and cultures.
- How to adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance practices to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines.
- How to organize government programs into ARTs and execute in program increments (PIs), even in remote environments with distributed teams.
- How to build an action plan to begin or accelerate a SAFe implementation in your program or agency.
- What are specific leadership behaviors that can drive successful organizational change in government?
- How do I build high-performing, multi-vendor teams and Agile Release Trains (ARTs)?
- How do I manage contracts and acquisition/procurement using Agile principles and practices?
- How can I coordinate Agile at scale in a government and multi-vendor environment?
This course is designed for government leaders and influencers who can guide the decision to adopt SAFe® within their agency or program.
- Executives, Directors, Branch Chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and Project Managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe® House of Lean, and SAFe® Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding of the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
Next Steps in Your SAFe® / Agile Journey
Review additional guidance, training, and resources for your transformation from ICON experts
Review our Advanced Agility & Extended Offerings with one of our Experts
Learn tips to effectively run multiple PI Planning events concurrently, and how to handle teams or individuals that need to participate with all trains
Take the next step in your Agile career and earn your SPC Certification
Gain insight from our industry experts