Early registration automatically gets you $200 off of the normal registration price! Early registration discounts end 2 weeks in advance of the first training day.
Dates & Locations
|No open enrollments at this time, please check back.|
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for
transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high-performing, multi-vendor Agile teams
and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting,
launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe®. Attendees will also learn how
specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
- How to apply Lean, Agile, and DevOps principles and practices in traditional government organizations and cultures.
- How to adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance practices to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines.
- How to organize government programs into ARTs and execute in program increments (PIs), even in remote environments with distributed teams.
- How to build an action plan to begin or accelerate a SAFe implementation in your program or agency.
- What are specific leadership behaviors that can drive successful organizational change in government?
- How do I build high-performing, multi-vendor teams and Agile Release Trains (ARTs)?
- How do I manage contracts and acquisition/procurement using Agile principles and practices?
- How can I coordinate Agile at scale in a government and multi-vendor environment?
This course is designed for government leaders and influencers who can guide the decision to adopt SAFe® within their agency or program.
- Executives, Directors, Branch Chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and Project Managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe® House of Lean, and SAFe® Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding of the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course