Applying Lean-Agile Practices in the Public Sector with the Scaled Agile Framework®. Based on version 4.6 of SAFe®.
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it's an essential foundation for transformation. They'll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe®. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
- Transition government programs for traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe®
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe® implementations adapted to the government contest
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe® implementation in your program or agency
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe® principles
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Supporting program execution
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
Audience and Certification Details
This course is designed for government leaders and influencers who can guide the decision to adopt SAFe® within their agency or program. Examples include:
- Executives, directors, branch chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and project managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
All are welcome to attend, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe® House of Lean, and SAFe® Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding of the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
Email email@example.com or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing.