Additionally, all Icon SAFe and DevOps coaches are available for remote engagement. We regularly coach/consult one-on-one and with client teams via our web conferencing platform. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details of our remote coaching services.
Applying Lean-Agile Practices in the Public Sector with SAFe.
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it's an essential foundation for transformation. They'll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government contest
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Delivering value in Program Increments
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
Audience and Certification Details
This course is designed for government leaders and influencers who can guide the decision to adopt SAFe within their agency or program. Examples include:
- Executives, directors, branch chiefs
- Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
- Program and project managers
- Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
All are welcome to attend, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding of the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing.