Agile Software Engineering practices for Lean-Agile. Based on version 4.6 of SAFe®.
The discipline of software engineering has evolved over the past decade with the introduction of Lean-Agile and DevOps principles and practices. New skills and approaches to software engineering help organizations deliver software-centric solutions faster, more predictably, and with higher quality. During this three-day, workshop-oriented course, attendees learn the foundations, principles, and practices that make up the Agile Software Engineering discipline.
Attendees will learn how Lean-Agile principles are drving these changes including continuous flow of value delivery, fast feedback on decisions, and building quality in. They will connect these principles to modern developing practices including XP technical practices, Behavioral-Driven Development (BDD), Test-Driven Development (TDD), and applying the Agile Testing Quadrant. Attendees will learn the best practices to model, design, implement, verify, validate, deploy, and release stories in a SAFe® Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Attendees will also understand how Software Engineering fits into the larger solution context and their role in collaborating on emergent architecture and intention design.
- Define Agile Software Engineering and the underlying values, principles, and practices
- Apply the Test First practice to create alignment between tests and requirements
- Utilize the test infrastructure
- Create tests with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Outline models for communication and representation
- Design from context
- Build applications with code and design quality
- Collaborate on intentional architecture and emergent design
- Create an Agile software engineering plan
- Create Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF)
- Introduction to Agile Software Engineering
- Values, principles, and practices
- Applying intentional architecture
- Thinking Test First
- Creating a Minimum Marketable Feature (MMF)
- Creating tests with Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Modeling stories
- Building systems with code quality
- Building systems with design quality
- Lower level testing with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
Audience and Certification Details
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- QA Managers, Testers
All are welcome to attend, regardless of experience. However, meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
- Understanding of SAFe® for Teams
- Background in engineering, development, managing development, or quality assurance
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing.