Aligning strategy with execution.
Lean Portfolio Management (LPM) is a two-day, interactive course that teaches the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations, and Lean Governance.
Participants learn to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool, and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants also learn how to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. Additionally, the course provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails, and how to measure the Lean portfolio performance.
An additional 1-day workshop is available to help enterprise teams get started with LPM in their organization.
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
Audience and Certification Details
- Executives and Leaders (CIOS, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Portfolio Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Owners
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PM/PO course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
2 day training + 1 day remote workshop
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing.