Additionally, all Icon SAFe and DevOps coaches are available for remote engagement. We regularly coach/consult one-on-one and with client teams via our web conferencing platform. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details of our remote coaching services.
In this two-day course, you’ll gain an understanding of the role of DevOps in an Agile organization. Unlike other training that focuses only on the mechanics of DevOps, ICON’s DevOps for the Agile Enterprise course explores the role of DevOps in the context of the entire IT value stream, and prepares you to successfully plan and implement DevOps capabilities that significantly extend the benefits of Agile transformations. This includes understanding the full-spectrum software delivery ecosystem, where Agile transformations typically are and are not effective; how Agile and DevOps are “better together;” and what people, processes, and technology must be aligned throughout the organization, to achieve true enterprise agility.
- Understand prevailing industry definitions of DevOps
- Define DevOps in the context of your enterprise
- Describe the benefits of DevOps and the metrics used to measure them
- Describe the 5 stages of the deployment pipeline
- Understand how DevOps and Agile work together to achieve continuous delivery
- Understand key DevOps roles and responsibilities
- Identify deployment challenges and opportunities in your environment
- Build and prioritize a DevOps transformation backlog
- Launch a DevOps action plan that extends the benefits of Agile
See detailed course description (PDF) link above for full list of topics and course content.
Audience and Certification Details
Intended primarily for Development, Operations, QA practitioners, and Leaders charged with improving software time-to-market and quality. This course is also appropriate for those in peripheral roles, such as Security, Architecture, Product Management, Program Management and Portfolio Management, who desire a foundational understanding of the critical role of DevOps in the Agile enterprise. Attendees typically include:
- Development: Developers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners
- Operations: Configuration/Release Managers, System Administrators, DBAs
- QA: Testers
- Others: Release Train Engineers, Architects, InfoSec, Product Management, UI/UX
Students should be familiar with Agile principles and practices (e.g., Agile Manifesto, Lean, Scrum, XP) and the people, processes and technology used in building, testing and deploying software in their environment.
Email email@example.com or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing.