Funding and budgeting models control a great deal of the ability to incorporate Business Agility. Industry analysts have estimated that an average large enterprise spends about 30% of its yearly budget on managing its finances. These are two of the major reasons to learn how to apply the principles of Lean and Agile to your budgeting process.
In this 2-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of how traditional cost accounting and project-based budgeting came to be, why it no longer works in today's business climate, and how to move towards a budgeting process that incorporates speed, flexibility, and accuracy brought by Lean and Agile principles and practices. The objective of this course is to educate, collaborate, and strategize towards a plan that leans out your budgeting process.
The objective of this course is to educate, collaborate, and strategize towards a plan that leans out your budgeting process.
Day 1- Foundations of Lean-Agile Budgeting
- Review of common budgeting practices
- Overview of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®)
- Lean and Agile Principles
- Lean-Agile Budgeting
- Tying Outputs to Outcomes
Day 2- Moving to Lean-Agile Budgeting
- Funding to Goals
- Measuring for Success
- Lean Portfolio Management
- Transforming Budgeting without Getting Fired
Audience and Certification Details
This course is intended for those that prioritize, manage, utilize, or measure funding projected to deliver value. Typical attendees include:
- Corporate funding, strategy, and financial roles aligned to product or project delivery
- Professional Services Consultants
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE), Agile Working Group
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile Transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, it is recommended that attendees have 3+ years' experience in product or project management, project funding, cost center management, budget proposal and/or approval, or equivalent.
Email email@example.com or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing.