This workshop aims to help senior executives and business/technology leaders learn how to create Strategic Intent and measurable quarterly business outcomes at the Portfolio/Value Stream level. You’ll learn how to use Business Outcomes and OKRs to bring alignment and drive results across the teams within your organization, focusing on outcomes and away from outputs.
The workshop is a working session where your team will be creating your own themes and quarterly outcomes to prepare for a Portfolio big room planning session. This is a 1 or 2-day workshop. The 2-day version allows for more time writing outcomes for the next quarter.
- Learn about common challenges when identifying and measuring value delivered from our work
- Learn the different levels of outcomes (portfolio, product/program, team)
- Portfolio success metrics | Flow, Value, Quality + Pirate Metrics (AARRR)
- OKR overview
- Writing 3-year Strategic Intent and 1-year themes
- Writing quarterly business outcomes
- Leading vs impact key results
- The OKR cycle
- Practice writing quarterly outcomes using OKRs
- Common pitfalls with writing OKRs
- Visibility & the outcome/OKR alignment dashboard
- Checking in with your OKRs and updating key results
- Defining business value buckets for ranking epics against each other
- Change Mgmt and top tips for making this stick
Audience and Certification Details
Senior portfolio executives and leaders from business and technology who wish to gain hands-on experience defining clear and measurable business outcomes for the next year or quarter.
1 or 2 days
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (636) 530-7776 for private, on-site pricing